It is important to choose the right size Zone, as correct sizing optimises both performance and life cycle.
There are several factors to consider including:
- Levels of contaminants.
- Number of operators and carts.
- How often wet cleaning takes place.
- Physical size available.
For effective decontamination, at least 3 meters of Dycem
is recommended to provide a sufficient surface area to allow
for six foot falls (three of each foot) or three full wheel rotations
before reaching critical areas.
Paying a High Price for Low Cost Alternatives
The initial cost of peel off mats may seem low and advantageous when meeting budgets, however peel off mats actually cost significantly more than Dycem.
When comparing the two systems, Dycem not only costs less over the longevity of both products, but most critically, it vastly out performs in terms of size, quality and retention of contamination, reducing the risk of particles entering your critical environment.
- Peel off mats It is commonly thought that using disposable, adhesive peel off mats, tacky mats or sticky mats is the answer to contamination control. However, tests from GlaxoSmith...
- Foot Baths Good personal hygiene polices and practices, as well as HACCP procedures are the foundation for successful food safety and quality assurance in all food manufacturing fa...
- Reducing the Need for Shoe Covers Shoe covers are commonly used in cleanrooms as a way to control foot borne contamination. Though few who wear them give much thought to these crit...
- Using Nothing Particulate contaminants (both viable and non-viable) are known to adversely affect quality, product yield, operational effectiveness and profitablilty. Using no cont...